Sunday, January 30, 2011

I am glad this week is over!


This has been a week of throwing up, fevers, coughing, runny noses, not getting enough sleep. Yep, we are a house full of germs!

When we got out of church last week, Thomas was complaining that he was hot and when I felt him, he was very hot! (which don't most people feel cold when they have a fever?) anyways, that evening his fever continued and lasted until thurs., but came back friday for awhile. He threw up a bit, but it was mostly his fever and loss of appetite that wiped him out for the whole week. It is very strange and sad to see Thomas falling asleep during the middle of the day and not hearing him laugh! He eventually started coughing as well, so if it wasn't the fever that was keeping him up it was his coughing. :( (three children and two parents in a queen size bed= too small! I think we are all exhausted from not sleeping well) One night when Damond got home, he felt impressed to give Thomas a blessing. I am so grateful that he is a worthy Priesthood holder and that we have such a good and kind home teacher. He willingly came over late at night to help Damond. On Wed, Alex woke up from naptime with a temperature of 102! He hasn't had the flu as bad as Thomas. He will start feeling sick in the afternoon and wanting me to hold him, he'll then have a high temp during the night and then wake up fine. It's also been quite strange. This is the first night since Wed. that he hasn't gone to bed with a fever so I am hoping the worst is behind us! I am also hoping that Jacob continues to stay healthy and that neither Damond nor I fall victim! :)
I am pretty sure that we are all very stir crazy as we didn't leave the house at all until friday afternoon and that was just to get groceries since we had none!
Oh, and I miss the sun and it's warmth! Wishing I were enjoying that 70 degree weather AZ is having :D

5 comments:

Linsey F said...

You should have been asleep right there with them!! I am so sorry you have had such a rough week. I hope it is all over and you and D stay well. Isn't it wonderful to know that no matter where you live, you will have visiting teachers and home teachers that you can call for help any time?? Such a blessing. I wish I was closer so I could help too...I will just pray for you instead! :) Hope you have a better week!

Kristin said...

Sick weeks are no fun. It is like your whole life gets put on hold and everyone needs you constantly. Hopefully you can get out this week. Are you covered in snow?

Erekson's said...

poor little guys, I hate it when my kids are sick! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Alice said...

I am so sorry your boys have been sick. It is so awful not having enough arms to hold them all. I hope next week is better. Get some sleep.

Bianca said...

No fun. James had a fever too and his temp got up to 104. Very scary. He had pneumonia though. Poor little guy. I think I'm still catching up on sleep from 2 weeks ago. Hang in there. It will be over Eventually!