Friday, February 22, 2013

Coincidence?

Damond,

There are so many times, when I think, "man, I wish I could pick up the phone and tell you/or ask you?..."

The other day, Barbara and I decided we were going to do a girls outing. I told myself that I totally deserve some pampering ;) j/k But, I was really just hoping that maybe for a couple of minutes, maybe an hour, I could forget and push away all my thoughts and feelings. That I could not feel like an old widow in a young person's body. I feel really old these days, but then I think about how my grandmother is almost 103 and that means I could, potentially, have 73 years left to live!

But as I sat in the chair, I realized it is impossible not to think about you and everything else. I just wanted to ask Barbara cardiology questions, but I refrained myself. Mainly, because I didn't want to explain to the ladies that were taking care of us.
At one point, I asked the lady where she was from. She told me she was a military kid and mainly grew up in Germany, but right before high school her father was transferred to YUMA. (?! What are the chances?!) I asked where she went to high school and she said, "Kofa." ?! (what are the chances?) she seemed 10 to 15 years older than me, so I asked her if her principal had been Danny Farar. "Yes." and without thinking I said,  "that is my husband's father." to which she asked, "oh, how old is your husband?" I considererd lying, so I wouldn't have to tell her and start crying. But I didn't and I told her of your passing and I did cry, for a second.        or two.  She told me she only had to go see your dad, once. :)

See? if I could call you, I would have walked out of there and called you first thing. What are the chances? We picked a random groupon, a random salon, and because I got there before Barbara, this lady was the one to help me.

Coincedence?
No, there have been too many instances, lately, that assure me we are being watched over.

Forever and for Always,
Adriana

PS We miss you! We miss your arms! We miss your hugs! We miss your laugh!

No comments: