Saturday, August 10, 2013

Empty Hand- 8/9/2003


Remember our 2 year Anniversary?
Remember how you FORGOT our 2 year Anniversary?
Remember how my mother had to remind you?
Remember how I was waiting for you?
And you were playing Xbox with Diego?
Remember, how I wanted/should have been really mad?
But I forgave you.

Remember our 3 year Anniversary?
You made Katie Theile responsible for helping you remember our Anniversary? ;)
But I still loved you.

Remember our 6 year Anniversary?
Remember how you FORGOT?
AGAIN?!
Until my sister called to remind you?
Remember how I waited all day for you to realize you had done it, AGAIN?
But I forgave you, because I love you!

Remember how last year you asked me what I wanted for our anniversary.
Remember what I said?
Remember I said, "I want you to hold my hand when we go places instead of walking so far ahead of me?"
Remember our conversation about how you feel like you have so little time and need to rush?
Remember I said, "but I cannot keep up with you, so please hold my hand, and DON'T RUSH."
Remember you said you would, "Try" (with a smile)

Apparently, you don't REMEMBER!
Remember it's our 10 year?
Remember you were supposed to be holding my hand?
But you are not! You rushed on ahead without me!
Sometimes it's really hard to forgive you for that, but I do.
Because I love you!

I rewrote Taylor Swifts "Ronan"
I ran many miles with this song,
but please remember, song writer I am not :)

I remember your big smile and awesome laugh
I remember an amazing dad
wrestling on the kitchen floor, playing football
I love you to the moon and back

I remember your sweet eyes looking into mine
Like we had our own secret club
I remember us laughing before bed time
Then breakfast in bed, waking me up

I can still feel you hold my hand, Damond
And even the moment I knew
You were the one for me for all time
Remember I leaned in and whispered to you

Come on baby with me, we’re gonna fly away from here
You were my best ten years

I remember the drive home
When the blind shock turned to crying and thinking, “why?”
Flowers pile up in the worst way, no one knows what to say
about a beautiful man who died

And it’s about to be graduation
You could be anything you wanted if you were still here
I remember the last day when I kissed your face
I whispered in your ear

Come on baby with me we're gonna fly away from here
Out of this curtain room and this hospital grey, we'll just disappear
Come on baby with me we're gonna fly away from here
You were my best ten years

What if I'm standing in our closet trying to talk to you?
What if I kept the stethoscope you won’t ever use ?
And what if I really thought some miracle would see us through?
What if the miracle was even getting one moment with you?


Come on baby with me we're gonna fly away from here
Come on baby with me we're gonna fly away from here
You were my best ten years

I remember your big smile and awesome laugh
I love you to the moon and back




3 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Happy anniversary, my friend!

Becca said...

Beautiful! We're praying for you and love you.

Daniel and Dawn said...

LOVE YOU :) I am certain he still walks with you even now from time to time. Even when you would least expect it! Probably wishes he was holding your sweet hand too! I often think of you & miss your tender smiles!