Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Car Obsession


As you see Thomas started his car obsession when he was about two years old. He started lining them up and putting them in different configurations. Some of them are quite intricate. (crazy scary side story... but last week he had made a figure with his cars and he said, "mommy look. I made a shoot!" " a what" ( a shoot holding up his index finger and thumb) "oh!" He had made the figure of a gun. Not sure if that's supposed to scare me :) And HE LOVES CARS! ( the characters) They are his bestfriends :) He has tons of them ( I think Damond and I get just as excited over them as he does! ) He loves to watch the movie and move the cars around following the movie. Other times he have them circle up like they are conversing. It is quite cute! The only drawback is that he has become VERY territorial with them. so I sometimes have to hide them if other kids are coming over so he and I don't lose it! He also puts them in traffic jams. It's all very entertaining to watch what he does. We build ramps with our blocks for them or parking spaces. As you see, he even created a car trophy. When he first started, he always had to pack up his cars. He would lug around this huge bag of cars. He sometimes still does it, but I usually convince him to leave it in the car.



Alex, as always is quickly following in his footsteps. I don't think he is as obsessed, though. and Thomas is having to learn how to share his cars... it's hard!


6 comments:

Branden & Jamie said...

That is so cute! I can't wait until Bryson is old enough to love cars that much!

Mauzy Fam said...

Boys and their cars! My boys love cars too and they play with them together constantly!

Heather Farar said...

Very cute! Talmage isn't quite that into cars yet but I don't think it will be long. He is definitely a boy and recently we have been getting comments at church like, "Whenever I look at your little boy I usually see a mischievious twinkle in his eye!" Oh what did I get myseld into by having a boy?!

Alice said...

That is so funny. Ethan loves cars and trains too. I love those little boys.

Linsey F said...

I love the last picture! It looks like he couldn't be happier!

Katie T. said...

Gabe LOVES cars too! He loves to line them up and look at them! We've got to get our boys together before you move so far away!