Tuesday, October 2, 2012

4th Year?!

Usually, when I say we are in 4th year, it first comes out as, "4th year! yeah!" with a big smile on my face. But then it is immediately followed by the, "4th year? what? where has the time gone?" kind of feeling.
A couple of months ago, Damond and I had this "discussion" about which year thus far had been the hardest.    Don't get me wrong the whole road has been long and hard, but for me this past year was the hardest.
Damond's studying might have lightened up a bit, and it really just feels like a bit, but for him I think he just meant he wasn't as stressed out this last year. For me, I don't think i have really caught up since having Jacob. In reality this might not make sense to anyone but myself, but as I told Damond, I know what I feel.
I feel like I have been in such a funk for so long. I stopped running, really any kind of exercise. I haven't kept any kind of family record. Even just taking pictures which I love doing, is non-existent. Time to keep up with family and friends has also been slim :(
Anyways, I decided that things needed to change. Thomas and Alex are both in school all day long and it is helping me feel not so busy. The kids are growing so fast and this time in our life is rushing past us. A whole year has gone by without any documentation of the things we have experienced, what the children have said, how we have grown. A friend of mine has this on her blog and I love it! "You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience." 
-Gordon B. Hinckley, 2006 
I want to be able to look back and read about this time in our life. I want the boys to be able to read about this time in their life and maybe even future grandchildren ;-) 
Obviously, if life gets really busy again, it may not happen, but I am going to try. :) 

Just over 3 years ago at the White Coat Ceremony
Oh, how we have grown since then. 
In many ways!
I can barely hold Thomas anymore, he is almost as tall as me! 
Jacob is almost the age of Alex in this picture. 


1 comment:

taryn said...

Thanks for sharing that quote -- love it! I need to do better at documenting as well. We all seem to have spurts of dedicated documenting and spurts of falling off the wagon. :)