Monday, November 9, 2009

Anderson's Apple Orchard



Alex picking/ squishing raspberries :)

Thomas with his bag o' apples


What a great group of friends!


Trying hard to pull off the apples!

Thomas had his first Field Trip to the Apple Orchard...

For some reason, I got terribly lost and we were an hour late! Luckily our friends and his teachers waited for us. The boys loved picking the apples. It was fun to see them figure out where some of our food comes from. A lady we were with had the bright idea to see if there were still raspberries. It's been a long time since I've picked berries... it's so fun! Thomas liked eating unripe berries and Alex just liked picking them. The thorns didn't bother him at all! It was so cute to have him hand me a handful of squished berries. :)
I made jam and pies! YUMMM :)

At this point, I was still have a hard time adjusting to Student Parenting, but after this outing I talked to my SIL and I was able to buck up! Indiana is definitely growing on us. The fall weather and activities are so fun for the kids!

6 comments:

taryn said...

I'm glad you're adjusting! I feel like I'm still having a bit of a hard time here in Delano, but it's still growing on me. :) It looks beautiful out there!

Lily said...

i love fresh apples from an orchard! we went last year, but didn't make it this year with the addition of Quinn...glad damond got to go and enjoy the views and scents with you guys! your family is so precious!

DaNell said...

So neat, looks like you guys are having fun!!!

Alice said...

What a fun field trip. The boys look so big! I am sorry you got lost. Hopefully that won't happen to often.

Suzy Farar said...

what did you mean by "student parenting"?

AMIT said...

Its a group of little kids they are enjoying.

Domain registration india